[Volunteers] [2e764@mikesoffice.org: Re: [Lug-nuts] Meetings, Other Lugs]

Chris Verges chverges at cisco.com
Mon Aug 1 06:43:54 PDT 2005

Michael Long wrote:

> hmmm... everything i've written here so far makes me sound like an
> ass. :) If there are serious concerns about audience members being on
> tape or presenters not wanting to be taped we might as well not even
> get into a technical discussion. I personally don't see it as an
> issue but... <shrug>

I, as well, don't see an issue with it.  But some people do, and since
this would be broadcast into a public forum, we gotta think about these
things.  :-)  And I don't think you sound like an ass at all!  The idea
of archiving and being able to re-broadcast our meetings is a GREAT
one!  There are just some logistics concerns that need to be met,
privacy being one of the more political ones that I just think we need
to take to the group as a whole to vote on.  (The technical ones are easy!)

> Saclug doesn't do much. I moved to Washington State about 3 years ago
> from Sacramento. When hey had server problems I offered my server for
> the website and email list. I just do the admin stuff. I don't setup
> the meetings.

Ah, gotcha!  Well, like I said, let's see if a few of us can chat
before/after the SVLUG meeting this Wednesday about this and get a poll
for the consensus.  I'll even bring a toy or two so we can see the
technical side and how it works in.

Thanks!

Chris Verges
chverges at cisco.com