[Volunteers] [2e764@mikesoffice.org: Re: [Lug-nuts] Meetings, Other Lugs]

Michael Long 2e764 at mikesoffice.org
Sun Jul 31 23:14:31 PDT 2005

On Jul 31, 2005, at 6:17 PM, Chris Verges wrote:

> From a technical standpoint, it's very do-able.  I have most of the
> equipment that we would need to multicast it out to the Internet.
> (Unicast to my server, multicast from there.)  Then there's the
> point of keeping archives, but even that is not difficult.
>
> However, there are all kinds of privacy issues that come up with
> these sorts of things.  For instance, what if the presenter doesn't
> want the info to be published?  What if someone in the audience
> doesn't want to be on tape?  Things like this ....

hmmm... everything i've written here so far makes me sound like an
ass. :) If there are serious concerns about audience members being on
tape or presenters not wanting to be taped we might as well not even
get into a technical discussion. I personally don't see it as an
issue but... <shrug>

> Let's chat about this before/after the next SVLUG meeting ... I'd
> be interested in hearing what SacLUG does.

Saclug doesn't do much. I moved to Washington State about 3 years ago
from Sacramento. When hey had server problems I offered my server for
the website and email list. I just do the admin stuff. I don't setup
the meetings.

Mike