[Volunteers] [2e764@mikesoffice.org: Re: [Lug-nuts] Meetings, Other Lugs]

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Jul 31 23:07:13 PDT 2005

Quoting Bill Kendrick (nbs at sonic.net):
> On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 08:32:30PM -0700, Chris Verges wrote:
> > do we really have a large enough base of users that would actually
> > access it?  Perhaps we can do a survey at the next meeting to see what
> > others think?
>
> Hehe, one of the problems with doing a survey of people at the _meeting_
> is those are the people who already come to meetings, and have very little
> use for it. ;^)

Hand the man a cigar.  ;->

At one user group of my acquaintance in San Francisco, the president was
in the habit of asking (e.g.) at Thursday meetings how many people
preferred Thursday meetings, and he could never understand the wee
statistical problem inherent in his approach.

Anyhow:  The Web site will have to get twiddled (meeting.shtml,
prevmeet.shtml) following Wednesday's meeting, and I'm going to be
halfway around the world with (probably) no Internet access until next
week.  If someone has time to help out, great.  If not, I'll fix when I
get back on the 9th.