[Volunteers] Ways to End Meetings

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Jul 27 16:20:30 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 04:17:48PM -0700, Margaret Wendall wrote:
> Karsten Self has proposed this idea, and I think it's an excellent
> one! We might announce a limit to the number of questions/answers if
> time is short.
>
> "Another is to run a moderated Q&A at the end of the presentation,
> where  the moderator tends to know when to wind things down more than
> a speaker might."

I think one response to this was that some speakers take Q&A during talks,
while others don't.  However, I think generally, even those who take Q&A
while they're talking and showing slides ALSO end their presentations
with "Any questions?"  So at that point, Paul (or someone) can jump in to
moderate. :^)

-bill!