[Volunteers] Volunteers Digest, Vol 5, Issue 27

William R Ward bill at svlug.org
Fri Jul 22 16:39:44 PDT 2005

Chris Verges writes:
>Margaret Wendall wrote:
>
>>This is my first post to this list, and I have a suggestion for a simple way to tell speakers how much time they have - get a simple, digital kitchen timer at something like Fry's or Bed, Bath & Beyond, and then turn it on at the start of every meeting. If it's sitting on the podium, the speaker could see it, but the audience could not.... This doesn't have to cost megabucks and I'd kick in a few $$$ if necessary.
>>
>LOL, Margaret I suggested this exact same thing at the volunteers
>meeting on Tuesday!  :-)  Great minds, eh?

I don't think anyone wants an audible alarm going off in the meeting.
But a large digital clock would be useful, and in fact is pretty
commonly used in professional speaking.

--
William R. Ward - Vice President, Silicon Valley Linux Users Group
bill at svlug.org - http://www.svlug.org - (650) 279-9904