[Volunteers] "As an anti-spam measure"?

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jul 18 14:33:59 PDT 2005

on Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 12:18:08PM -0700, J. Paul Reed (preed at svlug.org) wrote:
> On 15 Jul 2005 at 17:40:02, Rick Moen arranged the bits on my disk to say:

> Also, before spending a bunch of energy refuting something others said, you
> may want to confirm with me personaly that that's the real reason the
> organization is doing what it's doing.

Speaking to JP's defense this time, I tend to strongly agree.

There are a lot of conflicts which can be defused if one side stands
down, takes the time to confirm that their understanding is in fact
valid, and (assuming oversight or inadvertance) can be readily remedied.

Sh*t happens.  There's a reason why household paper products are
recession-proof.

Of course, if such raprochment is met by further hostilities, call in
tactical air support, heavy mortars, and nukes.

Peace.

    Americans [...] need to watch what they say.
    - Ari Fleischer, White House Press Secretary
       http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/09/20010926-5.html