[Volunteers] "Foo of the Month"

William R Ward bill at svlug.org
Wed Jul 6 00:43:39 PDT 2005

J. Paul Reed writes:
>Just a bit of context: this isn't (or... shouldn't be) a long, in depth
>presentation; it's meant to take 15 minutes, max... which, with Q&A, is
>just long enough to say what it is, what it does, a sentence or two about
>how it works, and how to set it up, and you're done.

I'd go farther than that - I'd say, take no more than 5 minutes to
describe what it is and give a short demo, and then ask for other
members to share their experiences with it - which would be a good
time for people like Karsten to chime in...  It's meant to be more
interactive and not just a lecture.

Also, the topic for the following month needs to be announced so that
people can tinker with it, and have something to contribute the next
time.

--Bill.

--
William R. Ward - Vice President, Silicon Valley Linux Users Group
bill at svlug.org - http://www.svlug.org - (650) 279-9904