[Volunteers] "Foo of the Month"

J. Paul Reed preed at svlug.org
Tue Jul 5 22:57:49 PDT 2005

On 05 Jul 2005 at 22:40:35, Chris Verges arranged the bits on my disk to say:

> Thanks for the advice!  Since I'll be doing this on relatively short
> notice, I don't think I'll have enough time to incorporate all of your
> suggestions into the presentation, but I will keep it in mind for next
> time.  (I'm recycling a presentation I gave to the LUG at GT and at
> Interz0ne 3.)

Just a bit of context: this isn't (or... shouldn't be) a long, in depth
presentation; it's meant to take 15 minutes, max... which, with Q&A, is
just long enough to say what it is, what it does, a sentence or two about
how it works, and how to set it up, and you're done.

That was the idea behind the "Foo of the Month" idea, i.e. random bits of
information newbies and others may find interesting and/or useful, but
nothing really indepth... just a "Hey, this is out here; it's cool; read
the manpage" or "Here's a trick with this utility we all [think we] know
how to use."

BTW, I think we're going to go with "Foo of the Month"; Chris: since you're
presenting first, if I introduce the idea, can you cover the next couple of
months (of intros only... except for the first one, when you'll be
presenting) while Bill is unavailable?

Later,
Paul
--