[svlug] (forw) [conspire] Electronics Flea Market 2019

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Mar 6 16:34:41 PST 2019

_This_ coming Saturday.

----- Forwarded message from "paulz at ieee.org" <paulz at ieee.org> -----

Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 17:47:45 +0000 (UTC)
From: "paulz at ieee.org" <paulz at ieee.org>
To: Conspire List <conspire at linuxmafia.com>
Subject: [conspire] Electronics Flea Market 2019

The Electronics Flea Market started circa 1975 when the Electronics
Museum at Foothill College decide to sell some of the equipment that had
been donated and not needed for their exhibits.  The Museum long since
closed.  Last I heard, some of the exhibits would be at History Park in
San Jose.  (http://historysanjose.org/wp/)

The Flea Market is sponsored by a consortium of local ham radio clubs
and is still going after several changes in location.  For the
indefinite future, it will be in the parking lot next to Fry's in
Sunnyvale (near Lawrence and Central Expy) each month from March through
September.  The first of the year is typically the most interesting
because sellers have had months to accumulate stuff.  Maybe there will
be cheap computers of the right vintage to use with Linux.  Sellers
start arriving well before dawn.  Pretty much over by 11 AM.  Weather
forecast for Saturday morning seems OK.

Details at https://www.electronicsfleamarket.com/