[svlug] Selenium - automated craigslist ad management
mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us
Tue Jan 23 11:38:45 PST 2018
> On Jan 22, 2018, at 3:53 PM, alvin oga <mailinglists17 at gmail.com> wrote:
> got a silly task to post/manage dozens/hundreds of ads to craigslists
> and i do not want to manage it manually and still do best effort to comply to CL Terms
> along the way, past 15+ years, i get irritated by "duplicate ads" and took a couple days to write a python + selenimum automated CL ad flagger
> ( fyi: i've not written python code from scratch ... never seen selenium .. )
> eg. se.flagger.py <http://se.flagger.py/> -d -d -d -l city -u "computer services" -b -t ... etc
> some cities and categories is full of CL ToU abusers ..
> if anybody else is interested in flagging CL abusers, it's released at
> http://GitHub.com/seauto/se.bot <http://github.com/seauto/se.bot>
> multiple people need to flag the ads before anything happens to it
> # additional code not yet released, not sure if it's good or bad to do so
> - se.postbot -- automatically post ads from "/usr/local/CLads/... "
> - se.renew ---- automatically renew CL ads requiring renewal ... need 2b sanitized b4 release
Another tool you might want to know about is Sikuli. http://www.sikuli.org/
It is python with machine vision extensions built in.
On GUIs, including Web applications, it can, for example:
* look for and click on icons or buttons
* look for images and take almost any sort of action if the image is found or not
* manipulate scrollable areas, popups, pulldowns, etc., all the while looking for images or list items of interest.
* compare images (might be nice for examining Craigslist postings, including for finding duplicates)
* be controlled by one computer while Sikuli executes on a remote computer
* play well with Jenkins
* be invoked from Java
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the svlug