[svlug] arduino + drone fun

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Sep 23 23:15:14 PDT 2017

Quoting Steve Litt (slitt at troubleshooters.com):

> That's exactly right. At first I thought it was impossible, and then
> when you demonstrated your apt-foo move, I said "that's nice, but they
> can pull the rug out from you at any time.

Here we are, almost a year and a half and a full release later, and
there's no boom -- and all you have is conspiracy theorising about the
alleged helplessness of admins to dirty deeds.  Moreover, conspiracy
theorising tht keeps completely ignoring the obvious well-tested
remedies I've mentioned many times including immediately upthread.

> No boom, no biggy.

Want to put money down on the adequacy in September 2018 of exactly the
measures I mention in http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Debian/openrc-conversion.html?
I mean, you could be right.