[svlug] (forw) [volunteers] svlug.org notice

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Sep 22 23:26:29 PDT 2017

I approved the posting below so people can see this scam in action,
because I'm aware that many people fall for these things.

It's addressed to 'president at svlug.org' because that's the Registrant
(publicly advertised owner) of domain svlug.org -- and it's written to
panic domain owners into misreading it as a 'final notice' that the
domain will be cancelled.  Many domain owners are a bit vague about who
is their registrar and when the domain's up for renewal, so they accept
these fraudulent offers out of panic, thinking they're doing last-minute
renewal.

What is subject to 'cancellation' is SEO services, not domain renewal.
(Thanks but no thanks.)

----- Forwarded message from Final Reminder <info at reefdo.org> -----