[svlug] Who is your *nix mentor?

Robert Freiberger rfreiberger at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 11:41:37 PDT 2017

Thanks all for the comments and the video. While I'm challenged in my work,
I still have a passion for the work, it's more about working more
efficiently than before. Also, I work as a typical introvert, and I'm
thinking of this as helping me become more social but also improve my
career goals.

Thanks again!

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 4:17 PM Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> wrote:

> Rick Moen writes:
>
> > Much, much earlier in the history of SVLUG, it was for a long time a
> > tradition to have a member-interaction segment before the main speaker (I
> > want to say, maybe no more than 15 min?) during which people in the
> > audience were welcome to rise and seek the advice of the group, and
> > other people could rise (one at a time) to answer.
>
> CalLUG also used to do that.  I'm not sure in retrospect whether people
> always found it useful, because I'm not sure we were great at the
> moderation aspects that you mention.
>
> --
> Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>      |  No haiku patents
>      http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/        |  means I've no incentive to
>   8F08B027A5DB06ECF993B4660FD4F0CD2B11D2F9  |        -- Don Marti

Robert Freiberger
510-936-1210