[svlug] Who is your *nix mentor?

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Wed Jun 7 16:16:51 PDT 2017

Rick Moen writes:

> Much, much earlier in the history of SVLUG, it was for a long time a
> tradition to have a member-interaction segment before the main speaker (I
> want to say, maybe no more than 15 min?) during which people in the
> audience were welcome to rise and seek the advice of the group, and
> other people could rise (one at a time) to answer.

CalLUG also used to do that.  I'm not sure in retrospect whether people
always found it useful, because I'm not sure we were great at the
moderation aspects that you mention.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>      |  No haiku patents
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/        |  means I've no incentive to