[svlug] Post-meeting places to eat and talk

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jan 9 23:11:31 PST 2017

Quoting Kevin Dankwardt (kevin.dankwardt at gmail.com):

> Thanks Rick,

As you're the one who's driven the new series of meetings at Cavium,
really I think you're the one to thank!  ;->

> The idea of announcing in the beginning about the SVLUG, and afterwards is
> dinner etc that you wrote is a great idea. I welcome anyone that wants to
> make the announcement to do so.

I've now added a suggested checklist to the Web site.
    www.svlug.org -> navbar 'Projects' -> SVLUG Meeting Agenda.
Direct link:  http://www.svlug.org/teams/agenda.php

Helps only if people use it, though.

> It was unfortunate that Rick couldn't make the first meeting in the new
> venue because I know it would have been great for folks to see him there
> and to hear him make announcements.

While I appreciate your vote of confidence, at the same time, it's also
essential other folks remember that they _are_ SVLUG.  Repeat attendees
should already possess a pretty good idea how to run a meeting.

Incidentally:

Live or work near north San Jose?  Please check out nearby restaurants,
& post mini-reviews.

It's three weeks to the next SVLUG meeting.  How about a few
lunches?  You know you want to.

23 late-night places, all within 3 miles:
http://lists.svlug.org/archives/svlug/2017-January/062284.html
http://lists.svlug.org/archives/svlug/2017-January/062288.html
http://lists.svlug.org/archives/svlug/2017-January/062289.html
Print those out.  Have 'em in your pocket when deciding on lunch.

--
Cheers,                 "The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
Rick Moen                                     -- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy
rick at linuxmafia.com
McQ! (4x80)