[svlug] Post-meeting places to eat and talk

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Jan 3 10:02:53 PST 2017

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 02:11:42 -0800

> Ideal place:
>
> o  open past 9pm

Our experiences at GoLUG indicate that "past 9pm" is nowhere good
enough. First, at least half the time the speaker goes past 9,  often
ending at 9:30 or 9:45. Second, before departing, we have little
meetings in the venue parking lot where people who are going to the
Meeting After The Meeting (MATM) talk with people who aren't going to
the MATM. By the time everyone arrives at the restaurant it's almost
10pm.

It takes 20 minutes to get served, 30 minutes to eat, and then we hang
at the table for another 45 minutes. Plenty of times we've still been
in the restaurant at midnight.

SteveT

Steve Litt
December 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21