[svlug] [svlug-announce] SVLUG January 4th meeting: Sanket Agarwal on Car Infotainment Systems and Architectures

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jan 2 23:57:30 PST 2017

(Note new location!)

WHEN:

Wednesday, January 4th, 2017
7pm-9pm

MAIN PRESENTATION

TOPIC:  Car Infotainment Systems and Architectures

PRESENTED BY: Sanket Agarwal,
Software Engineer, Android Automotive, Google, Inc

TOPIC SUMMARY:
Sanket will discuss the hardware architecture of how things come
together (i.e., car hardware pieces such as audio DSP, radio, car CAN
bus, and finally the infotainment system). It's important to note that
infotainment talks to a a lot of pieces but may not be the central
system, due to security concerns.

He will cover a few use cases in detail, such as radio or audio, and how
we achieve that with an Android-based system. This may include details
from way down in the car hardware talking to CAN bus, to some kernel
details, to Android HAL, to Android apps.

ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
MORE ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Sanket is an automotive and smart-transportation enthusiast, currently
working with Android Auto (http://android.com/auto/) at Google.

LOCATION:

 Cavium cafeteria
 2315 N 1st St. (corner of Charcut Ave.)
 north San Jose

 http://www.svlug.org/directions/cavium.php    <--- maps here!

If you have any improvements to make, please let SVLUG's volunteers
know!  webmaster at svlug.org

POST-MEETING GATHERING:

As this is a new meeting venue, _please discuss and decide_ what local
restaurant/diner interested attendees will visit after the meeting.
(Please post possibilities that are open past 9pm.)

One possibility:  Round Table Pizza, 3730 N 1st St., just n. of Tasman,
open to 10pm.

We look forward to seeing you there!