[svlug] [svlug-announce] SVLUG September 7th meeting: Why can't I get mail? Running a modern mail server.

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Sep 6 16:30:27 PDT 2016

WHEN:

Wednesday, September 7th, 2016
7pm-9pm

MAIN PRESENTATION

TOPIC:  Why can't I get mail?  Running a modern mail server.

PRESENTED BY: Alan Post
Partner, Green Mars Consulting

TOPIC SUMMARY:
Email is a method of exchanging digital messages between computer
users, using a store-and-forward model.  A supermajority of users
use one of three email providers: Gmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo.
Outside of major service providers, you can host your own email
infrastructure with open source software, which still has very
compelling advantages.  Come hear how, and also why you might or might
not wish to.

ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
MORE ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Alan Post is a partner at Green Mars Consulting, where he focuses on
build automation and IT operations.  Alan is an avid cycling and
enjoys riding the trails near his family farm in Albuquerque's South
Valley.  This is his first talk for SVLUG.

LOCATION:

 Symantec
 VCAFE Facility
 350 Ellis Street (near E. Middlefield Road)
 Mountain View, CA 94043

 http://www.svlug.org/directions/symantec.php

If you have any improvements to make, please let SVLUG's volunteers
know!  webmaster at svlug.org

POST-MEETING GATHERING:

restaurant/diner after the meeting:  Frankie, Johnnie & Luigi, Too,
939 West El Camino Real between Shoreline and Castro, Mountain View.

We look forward to seeing you there!