[svlug] Guess who has a Linux port of its SQL database?

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Thu Mar 10 03:03:26 PST 2016

On 03/10/2016 01:24 AM, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Steve Litt (slitt at troubleshooters.com):
>
>> I don't know, but isn't he the same guy who wanted to "open source"
>> peoples' private medical records?
>
> It's a pity you weren't geographically situated to hear Yudhvir give his
> excellent talk about supporting medical clinics using open source in

I recently read an article about Finland health care system that I'm not
able to find anymore.
The nearest thing I've been able to find was:

http://www.hitcentral.eu/healthtech-wire/finland-first-country-europe-consolidate-emr-data-national-level

The main concept of the article I haven't been able to find was:
- sharing data nation wide
- no personal responsibility of doctors (to a point)
- ease to collect statistical data to find "problems" in practice and
correct them system wide
- easier/cheaper path to get compensation for medical errors

But this may sound insane to US residents that have to fight with
assurances ;)

Let's talk about pharmaceutical patents then... this will make you
really insane.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it