[svlug] requesting recommendations for monochrome duplex wired network laser printer

Darlene Wallach filistinehura at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 14:23:33 PDT 2016

Hi,

My name is Darlene Wallach.

My laser printer is losing functionality - esp frustrating is the
one-line display is now in a foreign language and I can't figure out
how to change it to English. Since I have dhcp I don't know how I will
know the new IP address if/when the dhcp license is renewed...

So, I need to purchase a monochrome duplex wired network laser printer
and am asking for recommendations. At this point in time, for personal
reasons I am not looking to buy an HP printer.

Are there decent quality monochrome duplex wired network laser
printers for less than $100 or at least around $100?

I have duckduckgo'd for "laser printer brother" and see refurbished
printers - would you recommend a refurbished printer?

I use Fedora and seriously need to install a current distribution as I
have Fedora 13. I keep getting stalled by trying to remember what I
need to save off and back up onto a backup drive before installing a
new Fedora in addition to taking the time to download a new Fedora and
creating a DVD.

Thank you for any and all advice!

Thank you for your attention and consideration,

Darlene Wallach
408.294.5781 landline
--
equal justice under law