[svlug] Devuan

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Jul 11 19:05:56 PDT 2016

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 14:07:26 -0700

> As I elaborated downthread, IMO the primary aim of systemd-free Debian
> did not, and does not, require forking the distribution, and lesser
> measures would easily have sufficed to achieve that goal with much
> less effort.

It's an infinite loop. You keep saying there's an easy way to make
Debian systemd free. I keep mentioning that "solution" could disappear
any time: I and others like me want a stronger foundation. Goto top.

> Of course, equally, it's their time and trouble to waste.

Yeah, I'm pleased to say I wasted a little time today documenting dmenu
installation and use on Devuan Jessie.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist