[svlug] A story about how SVLUG (allegedly) got banned from Google

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Sun Jul 10 19:04:24 PDT 2016

On Sun, 2016-07-10 at 03:17 -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> To be very clear, the gentleman did not explicitly say yes, and he did
> explicitly not say know.  His expression was very interesting, though.
> Could be my cynical imagination, but it seemed to say 'Personal
> responsibility is so very awkward.'

IIRC, the installfests moved out of Google well before Andrew's
involvement, and the venue change was preceded with a protracted period
of impaired communication between SVLUG and then-Google liaison Leslie
Hawthorn. Before speculating whether Michael was to blame, it might be
of note that (IIRC) Google was still his employer at that time, before
he moved to Sony.