[svlug] Devuan

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sun Jul 10 18:17:13 PDT 2016

On Sun, 10 Jul 2016 09:36:17 -0700

> Quoting Steve Litt (slitt at troubleshooters.com):
>
> > To me, a vendor's behavior matters.
>
> See, this is where we parse the world differently.  To me, Debian is
> not a vendor.  Debian is a malleable system architecture that is
> blessedly in the hands of its users.  Which means Debian is, in part,
> me.

Good point. Allow me to expand: Along with vendors, behavior also
matters with friends, associates, communities I'm in or deal with, and
people I deal with. I don't interact with or accept any kind of benefits
from those I don't trust.

It could possibly have been said that "Debian is in part Steve Litt" in
early 2014. After that, absolutely not, to the extent that I renounce
the botched double-backslash VimOutliner package that Debian ships with
(or did). It might be said that Void is a tiny bit me. Or that Devuan
is a tiny bit me. Debian, not anymore.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist