[svlug] Devuan

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Sun Jul 10 09:53:32 PDT 2016

On 07/10/2016 06:03 PM, Steve Litt wrote:

>> I'm OK with systemd but I see things could be improved for debian too
>> and this could be a chance they were not ready to take.
>> Some of the wounds of the civil war may be still open.
>
> You think?

> I have no problem using systemd-encumbered Ubuntu 16.04 for a VM LyX
> appliance, I did it all the time until discovering how to make Void's
> LyX/LaTeX work, but I'll never again use Debian for anything. To me, a
> vendor's behavior matters. To me, trust is a priority.

QED. Civil war is not over.

Debian a "vendor"? What about the thousands volunteers?
What about the historical role of Debian in open source?
So you could use ubuntu "systemd encumbered" distribution but never
again Debian because you don't trust them as a "vendor"?

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it