[svlug] Devuan

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sun Jul 10 09:03:52 PDT 2016

On Sat, 9 Jul 2016 10:48:44 +0200
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail at webthatworks.it> wrote:

> Next time I see Franco around I'll try to be as diplomatic as
> possible and ask why they didn't make any bug report to debian where
> patches could be introduced smoothly.

Those of us who left the Debian world (or were thrown out) don't owe
Debian the sweat off our __________. Debian's irrelevant. A couple
versions from now, Devuan will be a complete and independent fork. No
time to play the Debian games that caused this mess in the first place.

> I'm OK with systemd but I see things could be improved for debian too
> and this could be a chance they were not ready to take.
> Some of the wounds of the civil war may be still open.

You think?

I have no problem using systemd-encumbered Ubuntu 16.04 for a VM LyX
appliance, I did it all the time until discovering how to make Void's
LyX/LaTeX work, but I'll never again use Debian for anything. To me, a
vendor's behavior matters. To me, trust is a priority.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist