[svlug] Flash woes.

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Fri Sep 25 11:39:48 PDT 2015

begin Rick Moen quotation of Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 12:26:25AM -0700:

> You might mean 'How do I play specifically sreamed SWF v.9 video files on
> Linux if I can no longer install maintained and current versions of the
> proprietary Adobe Flash Player for Linux x8664/i386?'

If you have to deal with some legacy video site, or
corporate application, or want to play a Flash game,
you can always keep a separate browser for it.

I use Firefox, with no Flash, as my regular browser,
but I keep a copy of Google Chrome around for sites
that need some vintage functionality.  It has Flash
built in.  Another option is an MSIE VM:
  https://dev.modern.ie/tools/vms/linux/

--
Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org>
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/