[svlug] Raising network interface started to last too long

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Sun Sep 20 16:32:51 PDT 2015

On 09/21/2015 12:03 AM, Michael Eager wrote:

> There's no rage condition.  Not likely even a race condition.

Rage against the machine.

I nailed it down.
It was a Nilox usb webcam. It took forever to get initialized.
I unplugged it and the boot was faster than light.

Still puzzled... first I don't get why setting up the network card
should wait for *that* usb hardware.

Second, while the webcam was one of the few differences between the 2
PCs, I was able to have fast boots even when the camera was plugged.

Furthermore there is not too much to change about a usb webcam but
something has changed... and it was not the usb port for sure.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it