[svlug] Hard drive destruction

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Sep 11 16:06:14 PDT 2015

Quoting Ivan Sergio Borgonovo (mail at webthatworks.it):

> Once upon a time I found relaxing to break them with a hammer.

As a public service, if people have working hard drives of 2TB or more
and wish to safely dispose of their contents, I suggest the 'Give our
equipment to Rick Moen and trust him' model.  (I can produce many
glowing testimonials from myself.)

> When I was used to put stuff on the internet I never noticed EULA
> mentioning anything about data privacy specifically. Once upon a time
> web farm where used to write they had biometric bullshit to get in and
> that sort of thing as "advertising", but I never noticed anyone
> explicitly saying "we will take care your data will be private".

You silly person.  Of course you don't get guarantees your data will be
private.  You get guarantees your data will be Private[tm].