[svlug] Linux preinstalled laptops...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Mon Sep 7 14:41:48 PDT 2015

I'm looking beyond system76 at hopefully vendors that offer Fedora 22
pre installed.  Haven't found one yet and so far the price appears to
be well north of $1k even for an ultrabook.  On the other hand, Linux
Certified does more than just laptops and desktops with Linux pre
-installed offering training as well.  EmperorLinux has a link to apply
for a job with them.  I need to get a career started.  I'm currently in
the Portland Oregon area with nearly an LPI level 1 certification and a
bachelors degree in Computer Science.  I was 20 points short of passing
LPI 102-400 and had a score of 580 on LPI 101-400.  The tests don't get
into systemd unfortunately or any other non system V init system.