[svlug] PHP and dynamic tables solved.

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Thu Sep 3 23:53:33 PDT 2015

On 09/04/2015 06:16 AM, Michael Robinson wrote:
> PHP code as posted was fine, just needed to change file permissions on
> my open_database.php file and my close_database.php file.  I needed
> read and execute other.

Debian default would generally do a better job than me on setting up a
web server but even with my limited knowledge I'd say this doesn't look
as the correct solution especially considering there is a chance your
open_database.php contains your DB credentials.

Not that giving the obvious ownership to the php process will do any
better if you want to hide the DB credential to the php process ;) but
well o+rx still doesn't look as a good idea.

Furthermore +x is useless in most reasonable scenario.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it