[svlug] LDAP, Pi, laptop

Karen Shaeffer shaeffer at neuralscape.com
Wed Sep 2 13:41:26 PDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 02, 2015 at 01:15:34PM -0700, Bob Smith wrote:
> Sarah Newman wrote:
> >>From my research it looks like you want slapd and ldap-utils installed on the ubuntu server. For the client, look for a package that provides pam_ldap.so.
>
> Thanks, Sarah.
>
> The Pi has Ubuntu and, as I think about it, the Pi should
> probably be the server and the laptop the client.  This
> will more accurately match what I have at home.
>
> thanks
> Bob

Hi Bob,
You might want to make a run at getting this setup yourself, before the
meeting. I'm sure a little googling would find you the help you need. Maybe
Sarah or Luke can give you a couple search phrases to google. Then, if you
run into a problem, you folks can likely get it resolved at the meeting. And
if you have it running on your own, then you can be part of the demonstration!
(smiles ;)

Just an idea.
Karen
--
Karen Shaeffer                 Be aware: If you see an obstacle in your path,
Neuralscape Services           that obstacle is your path.        Zen proverb