[svlug] boycottdocker.org: was Meeting this Wednesday: Speaker? Open discussion?

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at sandstorm.io
Tue Sep 1 13:27:28 PDT 2015

If the timing were different, I'd be happy to give a talk about Sandstorm,
which is 50% "Open source alternative to Google Docs" and 50% "Open source
package manager for Linux web apps, with an emphasis on security hardening
and single sign-on".

I'm busy this Wednesday, but if there's a future SVLUG event that would be
useful for me to present at, I'd be honored. I just gave a talk about it at
Debconf (the yearly Debian conference). Let me know.

To keep this message on-topic, here's a Sandstorm vs. Docker blog post of
ours, "Why doesn't Sandstorm just run Docker apps?" -
https://blog.sandstorm.io/news/2014-08-19-why-not-run-docker-apps.html

To read our manifesto on why we think something like Sandstorm is important
to the future of free software, see e.g. "Open source web apps aren't
viable; let's fix that" -
https://blog.sandstorm.io/news/2014-07-21-open-source-web-apps-require-federated-hosting.html