[svlug] boycottdocker.org: was Meeting this Wednesday: Speaker? Open discussion?

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Tue Sep 1 13:15:46 PDT 2015

begin Luke S. Crawford quotation of Tue, Sep 01, 2015 at 09:00:20AM -0700:

> Also, as a service provider?  I have sold containers before (freebsd
> jails) -   it's my opinion that putting multiple untrusted users on the
> same kernel is a really bad idea, and ultimately costs the provider
> money, unless hardware is expensive and sysadmin time is free.   Buy a
> little more hardware; use stronger compartmentalization to separate out
> your untrusted users.    It will save time and money and customers in
> the long term.

Anyone tried Clear Containers?

  https://lwn.net/Articles/644675/
  https://coreos.com/blog/rkt-0.8-with-new-vm-support/

Maybe "container, with hardware isolation" is the
new VM.

--
Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org>
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/