[svlug] Mindset book: was qtparted-0.5.0 missing something still...

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sun Nov 29 08:28:53 PST 2015

On Sun, 29 Nov 2015 15:42:25 +0000
Karen Shaeffer <shaeffer at neuralscape.com> wrote:

> I believe he is suffering through life
> living in the fixed-mindset as described by Carol Dweck.
>
> "Mindset, the new Psychology of Success", by Carol Dweck

URL = http://mindsetonline.com/whatisit/about/index.html

According to the preceding web page, this book shares a lot in common
with my troubleshooting courseware and books. The very foundation of
the mindset I teach involves:

* It's not how smart you are, it's how you operate your brain.
* It's not how much you know, it's how you organize your knowledge.
* Don't try to fix it, just try to narrow it down.

It's a *remarkably* difficult point to get across.

Looks like I'll need to read this book: From the web page it rings true.

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist