[svlug] qtparted-0.5.0 missing something still...

Karen Shaeffer shaeffer at neuralscape.com
Sun Nov 29 07:42:25 PST 2015

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 01:16:05AM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Nov 2015 02:58:23 +0100
> Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail at webthatworks.it> wrote:
>

> > Awareness is the first step to recovery.
>                                  ^^^^^^^^
>
> This is what I was talking about. It's the characterization that a
> person has a problem.

Michael does have a problem. I believe he is suffering through life living
in the fixed-mindset as described by Carol Dweck.

"Mindset, the new Psychology of Success", by Carol Dweck

I highly recommend Michael take some time out and read this book. It is a
wonderfully crafted work intended to help everyday folks learn what she
has learned in a lifetime of renouned research at Columbia and Stanford
Unversities about what motivates folks who overachieve to act as they
do. And about what holds folks back who underachieve to act as they do.
Everyone can benefit from this book.

As for awareness, there is mindfulness training.

As for creative problem solving, there is:

"The Achievement Habit", by Bernard Roth

Another great book. Although it isn't really about Design Thinking. Bernie
discusses Design Thinking concepts, but the primary intent of the book is to
help everyday folks learn how to apply design thinking to their everyday lives,
enabling them to live a more satisfying and rewarding life. It is well worth
reading, because Bernie tells a wonderful story, weaving into it threads of
Design Thinking all along the way.

Adapt and thrive,
Karen

> Interestingly, I'd prefer somebody to say "That Steve Litt is such an
> asshole that I piped him to /dev/null" than them say "The key to Steve
> Litt's recovery is awareness."
>
> But heck, we all have our pet peeves and priorities.
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> November 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
>      of the Successful Technologist
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/techniques

--- end quoted text ---

--
Karen Shaeffer                 Be aware: If you see an obstacle in your path,
Neuralscape Services           that obstacle is your path.        Zen proverb