[svlug] College: was qtparted-0.5.0 missing something still...

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Nov 28 22:28:41 PST 2015

On Sun, 29 Nov 2015 02:58:23 +0100
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail at webthatworks.it> wrote:

> On 11/28/2015 08:01 PM, Michael C. Robinson wrote:
>
> > I studied C/C++ as part of my degree where we didn't go into make
> > very much.  I can write simple make files, but understanding
> > automake, autoconf, and configure is way beyond what the
> > undergraduate curriculum
>
> I'm not surprised that becoming an undergraduate doesn't make an
> expert in anything. That's life.

It's certainly my life. If I had it to do over again, and if there
hadn't been a Vietnam war and compulsory draft, my higher education
would have consisted of Community College, for vocational training, in
my 30's, and then a Comp-Sci degree, to fill the gaping holes in my
knowledge of algorithms and data structures, in my late 40's.

Straight out of high school, if I had my druthers, I would have worked
as a factory worker, bicycle mechanic, finally leading to audio repair,
then computers and I'd start my Community College.

I went to Illinois Institute of Technology from 1967-1973, got a BSEE,
and know as much about electrical engineering than your average theater
major.

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist