[svlug] Problem compiling qtparted-0.5.0

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Nov 28 14:35:23 PST 2015

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 10:08:50 -0800

> Quoting Steve Litt (slitt at troubleshooters.com):
>
> > Michael *is* right about one thing: Ivan and Rick hammered him
> > pretty hard in this thread.
> >
> > Disclaimer: Months ago I piped Michael's posts to /dev/null because
> > of his propensity to ask Windows questions on a Linux list. But
> > what I haven't done, except maybe once, is insulted him.
>
> You down there in South Florida have a really _weird_ notion of
> courtesy.

True. And that same weird notion is shared by us Central Florida
people, where I live.

> Ivan, and Michael Eager and I engaged gamely with Michael Robinson's
> increasingly odd problems, gave him very substantive help, questioned
> his basic assumptions as standing in the way of him getting what he
> really wants,

True.

> and made no personal aspersions whatsoever.

Perhaps I read your writings with a different implication than your
intentions when you wrote them.

> This, by
> you, is insulting him.

True.

> You, by contrast, have pointedly refuse to
> help him at all, and repeatedly waved your killfile at him in
> public.

True.

> This, by you, is not insulting him.

Well, umm, no, it's an insult. But I wave my killfile at him only once
every couple months, as opposed to the almost daily disses toward him,
that I have interpreted regardless of the actual intent of those who
wrote what I interpret as disses.

> I'm absolutely sure you believe what you say.  This is one of the
> delights of dealing with different cultures:  Sometimes, you encounter
> people whose view of the world you consider majorly askew, and of
> course vice-versa.
>
> And, if I may say so, any cultural bizarreness South

 ^H^H^H^H Central

> Florida may have is amply redeemed by having excellent
> troubleshooters.  And Cuban sandwiches.

 ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H Food from Tijuana Flats.

Also, I never meant to imply that I'm not a hippocryt.

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist