[svlug] Problem compiling qtparted-0.5.0

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Nov 27 10:08:50 PST 2015

Quoting Steve Litt (slitt at troubleshooters.com):

> Michael *is* right about one thing: Ivan and Rick hammered him pretty
> hard in this thread.
>
> Disclaimer: Months ago I piped Michael's posts to /dev/null because of
> his propensity to ask Windows questions on a Linux list. But what I
> haven't done, except maybe once, is insulted him.

You down there in South Florida have a really _weird_ notion of
courtesy.

Ivan, and Michael Eager and I engaged gamely with Michael Robinson's
increasingly odd problems, gave him very substantive help, questioned his
basic assumptions as standing in the way of him getting what he really
wants, and made no personal aspersions whatsoever.  This, by you, is
insulting him.  You, by contrast, have pointedly refuse to help him at
all, and repeatedly waved your killfile at him in public.  This, by you,
is not insulting him.

I'm absolutely sure you believe what you say.  This is one of the
delights of dealing with different cultures:  Sometimes, you encounter
people whose view of the world you consider majorly askew, and of course
vice-versa.

And, if I may say so, any cultural bizarreness South Florida may have is
amply redeemed by having excellent troubleshooters.  And Cuban sandwiches.

--
Cheers,                           (morganj): 0 is false and 1 is true, correct?
Rick Moen                         (alec_eso): 1, morganj