[svlug] Problem compiling qtparted-0.5.0

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Nov 25 19:59:49 PST 2015

Quoting Michael C. Robinson (plug_1 at robinson-west.com):

> Is this a Linux list or a get off my back and go elsewhere list?

Speaking for myself, I recently asked you one simple question politely,
got no response; repeated it, no response; third time, no response.
That was a quick acid-test of whether you understood interaction
with the Linux community being a two-way street, i.e., you understood
we're not a zero-cost consulting firm, and that ignoring _our_ questions
and concerns will piss us off and demotivate pondering your problems.

IMO, you're now observing that _we're_ aware of not being a zero-cost
consulting firm.

Nonetheless:  Best of luck to you.

> The time it takes [...] would be far better spent....

Yeah, y'know:  _Our_ time.  We get to decide how to spend it.

You'll probably have happier outcomes if you fix the attitude.
_Or_ hire a consultant:  Many consultants will happily work on anything
the customer wants under any conditions, as long as they're paid time
and materials.