[svlug] Problem compiling qtparted-0.5.0

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Nov 25 13:25:19 PST 2015

Quoting Ivan Sergio Borgonovo (mail at webthatworks.it):

> I'd suggest you get a clue about building process in general and
> dependencies management before asking nebulous question each time you
> step into a problem compiling every single package in a distribution.
>
> I hardly can understand what would be the use of qt in a customized
> distribution to do *automatic* remote backup over nfs... if that is what
> you are after and still it makes few sense.

It's all a massive exercise in solving wrong problems.  Alas, some
people refuse to be helped.

> Captatio benevolentiae?

My, look who's been studying classical rhetoric.  ;->

> If I had to build a backup system I'd look how others put together a
> backup system and tweak it till it suits my need.

Seconded.  A wise person leverages others' time studying in the school
of hard knocks.

--
Cheers,                           (morganj): 0 is false and 1 is true, correct?
Rick Moen                         (alec_eso): 1, morganj