[svlug] Problem compiling qtparted-0.5.0

usually Michael plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Wed Nov 25 01:43:37 PST 2015

The problem is, I have qt4 and qt5 installed.  To compile and install
qtparted-0.5.0, Qt5 cannot be present.
I'm not running KDE and highly doubt that anything including LXDE that
is installed relies on Qt5.  Going by
the BLFS 7.7 book to try and figure out what to delete in order to
"uninstall" Qt5 looks daunting.  Any
thoughts on how to get around this problem that don't involve
dangerously trying to delete every file
connected with Qt5?

Building a Linux from scratch system is difficult, especially
considering that the book doesn't help you deploy
a package management system.  For example, how can I build Linux from
scratch in such a way that it is packaged and can be installed via
apt?  It wouldn't be a Debian system, it would just use apt.  Other
options are: dnf, yum, slackware style packages, or something new.
One complaint I have about the BLFS book is that the sites it refers
to to get source code from go out of date fast where there rarely
seems to be an errata.  There is a BLFS 7.8 book out, but I built LFS
7.7.  Nonetheless, I couldn't get a few of the packages in BLFS 7.7
and ended up substituting newer releases of them that are referenced
in the 7.8 book...

GNU coding standards call for making every software package
uninstallable via make uninstall, but that usually isn't the case.

For those who don't know, qtparted is a graphical front end to parted.
  This tool lets you resize hard drive partitions.

Another complaint I have, I abandoned a systemd Linux from scratch
build in favor of the latest non systemd build where the result is
less than ideal.  Little did I realize that gnome is not an option
when you don't go the systemd route as far as the book is concerned.
I need something that will boot NFS root and a systemd system as far
as I can tell won't.  I also prefer if I have X to have gnome.

      -- Michael C. Robinson