[svlug] Nautilus won't install.

Michael Eager eager at eagercon.com
Tue Nov 24 13:17:02 PST 2015

On 11/24/2015 12:51 PM, usually Michael wrote:
> Quoting Michael Eager <eager at eagercon.com>:
>
>> On 11/23/2015 08:17 PM, usually Michael wrote:
>>> I am trying to compile nautilus-3.14.3 from source code on a BLFS 7.7
>>> based system.
>>>
>>> The configure and the make succeed, no problem.
>>>
>>> Strangely, make install fails.
>>>
>>> make[3]: Entering directory '/home/michael/nautilus-3.14.3/data'
>>> no "/usr/share/mime"
>>> /bin/sh: no: command not found
>>> Makefile:753: recipe for target 'install-data-hook' failed
>>
>> Well, what does line 753 in the makefile say?
> && $(MAKE) $(AM_MAKEFLAGS) check \

Teasing information out of you, one itty bitty piece at a time.
Sort of makes me think you really don't want any help.

This is part of a statement.  There are lines before and after.
Why don't you give the entire statement.

I'm sure I've said this before:  describe what you are doing,
provide the command you entered, provide a log of the messages
generated around the error.

>>> I have a hard time believing that there is a no command and that no is
>>> missing.
>>> Is there any way I can get more information about why the install
>>> is failing?
>>> If no does exist and is needed, what provides it?
>>>

>> apt-get install no
>
> This is a Linux From Scratch system that does not have package management.

Oh, good.  Someone might have thought I was pulling your leg.

Michael Eager	 eager at eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077