[svlug] Jesse's GUI tools: was Finally got rid of that annoying gnome feature, known as hot corner

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Nov 24 06:50:31 PST 2015

On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 23:45:15 -0700
Jesse Monroy <jesse650 at gmail.com> wrote:

> For instance, I extend my GUI WYSWIG edit (written in tcl/tk) with
> bash. At the command line, I have a utility called scratchpad.
> scratchpad can keep 20 scratch sheets (text files) plus on every
> directory I wish.
> I have similar utilites - new(blank text), newx (executable), notes,
> readme (creates README.md), blog (gathers assets for a blog post),
> etc.
>
> NOW, this example is just two (2) tools twisted a dozen way. I'm sure
> many of you
> have something similar tool sets.

If at all possible, could you please put a Free Software license on
these tools and post them somewhere, so people can download them, study
them, use them, and modify them to their own needs?

I've tried 122 times to learn tcl/tk, and failed every time. It sure
would be nice to see and disassemble real code that does a real task.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist