[svlug] Finally got rid of that annoying gnome feature, known as hot corner

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Nov 23 22:23:50 PST 2015

Quoting Jesse Monroy (jesse650 at gmail.com):

> if you want M$ to pollute the world is has Typescript
> http://www.typescriptlang.org/

Thanks for the warning.

> Javascript + Python = gnome-shell

3.18 (stable) and 3.19.1 (latest beta) are C and Javascript.  Not my
cuppa, but it doesn't appear to be what you say.

I see that GNOME shell has Pything _bindings_ that as of recent versions
(starting with 3.15.2) have had upgraded to Python 3.  There is an
ongoing effort to upgrade all GNOME components' Python bindings from 2 to 3
(https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show//Initiatives/GnomeGoals/Python3Porting),
but that doesn't mean the reference shell is _written_ in Python.

> As for C++, it is preparing it's own abortion. (don't get me started ;-) )

It's a hoax, you know.  I read that on the Internet.
http://www.gshotts.com/HUMOR/cisahoax.htm