[svlug] Nautilus won't install.

usually Michael plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Mon Nov 23 20:17:00 PST 2015

I am trying to compile nautilus-3.14.3 from source code on a BLFS 7.7
based system.

The configure and the make succeed, no problem.

Strangely, make install fails.

make[3]: Entering directory '/home/michael/nautilus-3.14.3/data'
no "/usr/share/mime"
/bin/sh: no: command not found
Makefile:753: recipe for target 'install-data-hook' failed
make[3] *** [install-data-hook] Error 127

I have a hard time believing that there is a no command and that no is
missing.
Is there any way I can get more information about why the install is failing?
If no does exist and is needed, what provides it?