[svlug] Finally got rid of that annoying gnome feature, known as hot corner

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Nov 23 16:52:04 PST 2015

Quoting Jesse Monroy (jesse650 at gmail.com):

> Linux. When my mother stated some issues to another brother,
> he decide Mom need windows, and the latest, with the latest
> printer, etc. Of course, he is not around 90+% of the time when
> issues arise - I am.
>
> FWIW: I realized in this mess, they are writing the latest windowing
> system in Javascript with Python as a support agent.
> Javascript is an excellent language for this, but Python must
> have swallowed a pig.

Javascript is excellent for something?  When did the world change and
nobody sent me a memo?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'latest windowing system' in this context.
The reference Weston implementation of Wayland (display server aka
compositor) is in C.  KDE's reference X window manager and future
Wayland compositor (KWin) is in C++.

Do you mean _Microsoft_ is writing a windowing system in Javascript with
Python as a support agent?  That would be hideous, but somehow also
appropriate.

--
Cheers,                                        "Debian ist ein Textadventure."
Rick Moen                                                    -- Klaus Knopper
rick at linuxmafia.com
McQ!  (4x80)