[svlug] Finally got rid of that annoying gnome feature, known as hot corner

Michael Eager eager at eagercon.com
Mon Nov 23 12:51:09 PST 2015

I stumbled across a similar KDE "feature" by accident when it was
first introduced.  My screen redrew with lots of little windows and no
indication why this happened or how to get back to where I had been.

I filed a bug report asking that they put a note "hit ESC to exit",
but the KDE developers claimed that the behavior was clear and intuitive.

I eventually found the setting which turned this off, as well as another
annoying "feature" where moving a window to the top of the screen would
make it full screen.

Near as I can tell, GUI developers are much too close to their work
and can't actually tell whether something will be useful or distracting.