[svlug] kernel.org breach, four years later

Chris DiBona cdibona at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 18:33:05 PST 2015

Oh, there's plenty of people embarassed, for sure. The FBI collected the
machines and we (my office at google) ended up paying for discounted
replacement machines from HP. I honestly don't know if they were ever
returned to the linux foundation.

When I say 'we know' I mean 'we know up to a point' we know how they got
in, who's keys they compromised and the rest, and they've learned from
their mistakes ,for sure.

Chris

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 6:06 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> Quoting Chris DiBona (cdibona at gmail.com):
>
> > Oh, we know. We're just not talkin'
>
> Whatever it was, it cannot possibly be a useful secret after four years
> -- except to ordinary folk who'd like to know what the 2011 root-escalation
> path was, so we can learn from history.
>
> Someone a little embarrassed, perhaps?

Director of atypical intellectual property, Google Inc.
Our open source and developer programs can be found at
http://developers.google.com/open-source/
Site, Bio, Pics: http://dibona.com Google Plus:
https://google.com/+cdibona Twitter:
@cdibona