[svlug] procmail (was: Some pretty serious parsing)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Nov 17 11:46:55 PST 2015

Quoting Steve Litt (slitt at troubleshooters.com):

[procmail recipes to file some mailing lists]

> In the preceding, the way I did it with svlug is the old, deprecated
> method of depending on a string in the subject.

Readers might find useful the following snippet from my .procmailrc
file.  Over the years, my .procmailrc has gotten a lot shorter, and
I've no longer needed the several include files I used to have, after
figuring out how to do with one recipe what once required many.

### LIST CATCHALLS

:0
* ^X-BeenThere:*
$HOME/inboxes/lists

:0
* ^X-Loop:*
$HOME/inboxes/lists

:0
* ^X-Mailing-List:*
$HOME/inboxes/lists

:0
* ^Mailing-List:*
$HOME/inboxes/lists

(The last two could be merged.)

--
Cheers,                                           WallJam7: Roses are red,
Rick Moen                                         WallJam7: violets are blue.