[svlug] procmail (was: Some pretty serious parsing)

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Mon Nov 16 15:00:41 PST 2015

On 11/16/2015 10:10 PM, Akkana Peck wrote:

> For detecting that it's happened, the best I've been able to
> come up with is to change all my procmail rules that append to
> folders so that before they write, they log the last few
> subject/date pairs in that folder, then log the subject and folder
> it's trying to write to), then after writing, log the subject/date
> pairs again, and if the pairs didn't change, alert me somehow. I
> think that's possible, but it sounds daunting to set up.

enable procmail log

LOGFILE=${HOME}/log/procmail.log
It logs: From, date, subject and destination folder

then you can check the /var/log/mail log too.

That's why I'm so happy I switched to sieve, everything is much easier
to debug... much earlier than when you start missing emails.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it